Monday, May 2, 2016

Herbalism Consultation with Melissa D. Sylvan, Clinical Herbalist and Holistic Guide

"Everything is subject to change and therefore in motion...
one cannot bid the winds and waves to cease, 
but one can learn to navigate treacherous currents 
by conducting themselves in harmony 
with the prevailing processes of transformation
 - and thus weather the storms of life."
 - I Ching


So, you're interested in working together to improve your well-being...
Body ~ Mind ~ Spirit

I began the study and practice of Herbalism in 1993 and have been seeing clients broadly since 2008.  I am a graduate of East West School of Planetary Herbology 
I welcome you to become my client - to partner together in the pursuit of your well-being.
I offer custom herbal formulary along with consultation, education, guidance, and support. Let me tell you what this entails, and about my background and philosophy
to see if we are a good match. 
Together, we will get to the root of your concern(s).  I don't just deal with the branches, the symptoms - I get to the root.  For instance, headaches, insomnia, digestive issues, menstrual cramps, etc. [insert what is troubling YOU here], all have many possible reasons they may be happening.  You need to get to the root, determine the reason and address it by choosing the right herbs for the job, to truly do deep, lasting Herbalism work.  This is where my many years of study and practice with both the plants and the states of the human body come in.  I will take the time, and I have the understanding, to SEE your body and then formulate specifically for you.  There is no one-size-fits-all answer to health issues; that is not how I practice.  I offer you something more.

By addressing the root, returning the body to balance, the symptoms go away.  As an example, if you have a headache, I won't just give you a pain killer, I will ascertain *why* you are having headaches and address that.  By addressing the root with the right combination of herbs and diet, the headaches go away for good.  It may take some time, and during this time, I'll make sure you have symptom relief.  Having headaches, and many other "common" ailments, is not normal or healthy.  Contact me and we can get to the bottom of your concerns today, to restore your well-being on a deep and lasting level. I will work with you when you're at your wit's end and have not gotten the help you need anywhere else, and this if often the case as many come to Herbalism as a last resort, but it's much better that you come sooner, if possible.  Generally the longer you have been unwell, the longer it takes to get back on track.  I also work preventatively; there is no health concern too small.  Or large for that matter; I will consult with you on *any* health concern, acute or chronic - and any age from infant into the 100s.



I need to state right off that I do not work with people taking certain/most pharmaceuticals.  I make exceptions for a few things like thyroid hormones, inhalers, birth control, insulin for type 1 Diabetics, etc.... contact me if you are not sure.  I realize this rules many out and I apologize. This is because pharmaceuticals have many side effects, contraindications, and interactions and it is not my area of expertise. In this litigious society, I do not want the liability of working with someone also taking pharmaceuticals, as unfortunately the herbs and Herbalist are often the one to get the blame regardless. If you and your doctor have decided you want to transition off pharmaceuticals; I am willing to work alongside both you and your doctor in the transition, but I cannot legally recommend or oversee anyone stopping pharmaceuticals, otherwise...


I will work together with you on any situation.
Many possibilities are opened up in our lives 
by working with herbs. 

What would you like to address today? 



To become my Herbalism Client, 
I will need from you:

Once I have all of these, we will begin. 




Feedback from Clients, here.

I am an LGBTQA+ and ENM Aware practitioner.

Questions/Comments/Contact: